Adell, Harriman & Carpenter, Inc. recognizes investing as a life-long endeavor best served by a personalized intentional approach tailored to each client’s unique goals and circumstances.
AHC has consistently achieved competitive returns for our clients over the long-term by utilizing high-quality assets and focusing on capital protection in addition to growth.
We understand that as assets accumulate, investment options increase and become more complex. “More complex” doesn’t necessarily mean “better”, and we help make the factors influencing client’s decisions more transparent and approachable.
We establish initial portfolio design and performance parameters in close partnership with each client, coordinating a comprehensive portfolio management strategy with attention to an array of individual considerations including:
- tax consequences
- time horizon
- regulatory, contractual and legal restrictions
- liquidity and cash flow needs
- tolerance for volatility in portfolio value
AHC primarily utilizes individual equities, individual bonds and exchange traded fund selections (ETFs) to build client portfolios. Portfolios may represent a single asset class or a combination of the following:
- Cash– AHC manages cash balances as a component of overall asset allocation within portfolios.
- Cash vehicles may include certificates of deposit (CDs), U.S. Treasuries, money market funds and other highly liquid investments.
- Cash management services may also be used to facilitate building reserves for taxes, estate planning and settlement, education, charitable giving or other purposes.
- Fixed Income– AHC manages taxable and tax-free bond portfolios using high-grade securities with maturity ranges and security selection determined by client needs and market conditions.
- We have increasingly viewed preferred stock as an attractive income-producing holding which we incorporate into fixed income allocations where appropriate. We also manage preferred stock portfolios as a stand-alone investment strategies.
- Equity– AHC manages equity accounts with a customized selection of individual securities diversified across the Standard & Poor’s designated economic sectors.
- Sector allocation favors industries with the best potential to perform well under the current economic conditions and longer-term secular trends.
- Stock selection is based on a combination of fundamental and valuation criteria, with revenue trends, earnings growth, dividend policy, market share and competitive advantage among primary considerations.
- Equity portfolios may favor growth or income or a combination of both, based on the client’s goals and tolerance for fluctuations in portfolio value.
- Alternative Investments– AHC also manages real estate, foreign stocks and other specialized asset types for our clients.
- These investments may include Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) as well as Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s) and various partnership structures.